Add to Your Conference Experience
Fly in a day early or stay a day late for even more learning!
Registration and payment for these events are handled directly through their organizers. All add-ons are in addition to the main conference and are priced separately. Please find the links to register in the descriptions of these events below.
Pre-conference events will be held on Sunday, September 8* and post-conference will be held Thursday, September 12.
*Note there is one 2-day pre-conference offering which begins on Saturday, September 7.
Seven Stages of Money Maturity®
with George Kinder
Learn the life planning listening and relationship skills to build trust and inspire your clients to action.
This workshop trains advisers to improve their listening, relationship and inspirational skills. It teaches a psychology of money that models integrity and delivers freedom. It makes clear what a life plan is versus just a financial plan.
- Cost: $845 if you register by August 7, 2019
- When: Saturday, September 7, 8:30am - 5:30pm & Sunday, September 8, 8:00am - 4:00pm
- How: Register with the Kinder Institute
Student Loan Intensive
with Heather Jarvis
Attract new clients and build a profitable practice by providing what young professionals want the most: money-saving student loan advice they can rely on!
Student loans are complicated and no one explains this stuff better than Heather Jarvis, a gifted instructor and the nation’s leading student loan expert. You get it all: Heather's practice tools, checklists, calculators, templates, and procedures to expand your client base and develop this vital niche.
- Cost: $399 through May 31, 2019; $499 after May 31, 2019
- When: Sunday, September 8, 9:00am - 4:00pm
- How: Register with Heather Jarvis
The College Pre-Approval™ Experience
with Joe Messinger
Paying for college just isn't what it used to be. Baby Boomers' stories about working a part time job to pay their way through college are starting to sound like 10-mile walks to school, uphill both ways. The sticker price for a college education is now between $100,000 and $250,000 per student -- if you graduate in four years. With two or three kids overlapping in school, a couple of C-suite salaries and a nice nest-egg probably won't cover it.
The College Pre-Approval™ Experience is a full-day intensive workshop aimed at giving you the knowledge and tools you need to help clients navigate the college funding maze. Joe will teach attendees the College Pre-Approval™ process, then introduce you to advanced technical, practice management, and behavioral/emotional factors surrounding this unique niche.
- Cost: $299 through May 1, 2019; $499 after May 1, 2019
- When: Sunday, September 8, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- How: Register with Capstone College Partners
Become Your Clients' Spending Coach
with Steve Crawford
The Workshop is based on Steve's "Your Spending Coach" (YSC) program that was developed from his very own process and has been a huge part of his own client process at Experience Wealth (his Financial Advisory firm). The process he developed in Experience Wealth has led to amazing client Savings results compared to what the Average Aussie saves, because it focusses on 3 key areas:
- How to help clients find a reason to save in the first place - by linking it to their Lifestyle and Financial Goals
- Teaching them how to use the each of the three drivers of a great Savings result - Budgeting, Banking and Cashflow Reporting (this is your PSSP - see below)
- By giving them access to a Coach that helps them get the most out of their PSSP
- Cost: $297 for first 25 registrants; $447 regular
- When: Sunday, September 8, 8:30am - 4:30pm
- How: Register with The Advice Movement
Operations and Technology Workshop with TD Ameritrade
Join us for an interactive workshop to discover how you can make your day more efficient. You’ll learn how to reduce your NIGO rate and how to use time-saving tools such as same-day check scanning and deposits, online account opening, and client self-service tools. We’ll also highlight the latest form changes. Also explore smart technology decisions and how you can work efficiently with your TD Ameritrade service team to get the answers you need! This is a hands-on session, so bring your laptops and prepare to get involved.
- Cost: There is no cost associated with this event
- When: Sunday, September 8, 8:00am - 3:00pm
- How: Register with TD Ameritrade
Dimensional Funds Advisors Foundations Conference
This is a one-day event designed for advisors who do not currently have a business relationship with Dimensional. The conference features senior-level Portfolio Managers and Regional Directors who speak on foundational topics, such as research on the dimensions of investing, Dimensional’s philosophy and integrated investment process, and the equity and fixed income strategies available to advisors.
- Cost: There are no fees associated with this event.
- When: Thursday, September 12, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- How: Register with DFA