Transitioning to Fee-Only Planning
Becoming a fee-only financial planner opens up a whole new world of possibilities, but that doesn't mean the transition is easy. Change is hard, especially when it involves something as monumental as your career. Luckily, hundreds of financial planners before you have already successfully navigated the transition. Watch two of those planners, Stephanie Sammons and Shannon Webb, as they share how they successfully made the shift to fee-only planning and provide insight into how you can do the same. This recorded webinar is ideal for anyone considering becoming a fee-only financial planner and joining our community of like-minded advisors.
Listen as Stephanie and Shannon answer questions like:
- What was your experience working at a Broker Dealer?
- Why did you decide to become fee-only?
- What was the conversation like with your previous employer?
- How did your clients respond to the transition?
- Did your clients while you were not-fee-only understand the difference?
- How is client prospecting different in a BD vs RIA?
Mentioned in this recording:
- XYPN Member Benefits Directory
- Transition: Leaving Your Position with an Existing Firm to Start Your Own Fee-Only Firm
- Compliance 101: Your First Year as Chief Compliance Officer
- Advisor Blog: Compliance
- The How and Why of Side Hustles for Financial Advisors
- XYPN Radio Ep #127: Alan & Kitces Unhinged: Fee-Only, Fiduciary, and Why It All Matters
- XYPN Radio Ep #155 featuring Stephanie Sammons
- Marketing v. Prospecting: Knowing the Difference, and Developing a Plan
- What Do Financial Planners and Personal Trainers Have in Common?
- Schedule a call with the XYPN Sales Team