Adopting the Monthly Retainer Model
Featuring XYPN Members Eric Maldonado and C Garrett Moore
The monthly retainer model introduces a new way for advisors to structure their business models, making it possible to profitably serve younger clients who don't necessarily have large portfolios. Two great XYPN members will discuss how the monthly retainer model enables RIA owners to work with Gen X & Gen Y clients, how to craft the model to work for an ideal client, and how to build a successful, profitable firm around this new paradigm. This call is ideal for anyone considering XYPN membership.
Listen in as Eric and C Garrett answer questions like:
- What ongoing relationships look like with clients on the monthly retainer model.
- How to list the monthly retainer model in your ADV.
- Does the monthly retainer model appeal to a certain age demographic?
- How do you keep your clients engaged?
- How to determine your monthly fee?
- What tools are helpful when adopting a monthly retainer model?
Mentioned in this recording:
- The Monthly Retainer Model in Financial Planning: What It Is, How It Works, & How to Implement It in Your Firm, by Alan Moore and Michael Kitces
- Reasons That a Monthly Retainer Model Works
- Planning for Young Clients with a Monthly Subscription Model
- Does Monthly Pay Mean You Have to Talk with Your Clients Monthly?
- XYPN Radio Ep #23 - The How and Why of Monthly Retainers with Alan & Kitces
- XYPN Radio Ep #24 - The Intersection of AUM and Monthly Retainers with Alan & Kitces
- Advice Pay
- XYPN Member Benefits Directory