Build Your Own Business: From Financial Advisor to Business Owner
XYPN Director of Member Services Maddy Roche sat down with XYPN Executive Business Coach Arlene Moss for a conversation about what it takes to transform from a solo entrepreneur who does financial planning to a successful business that provides comprehensive financial advice.
This isn’t about learning what you “should” do, but rather determining what needs to be done to build the business you want. From understanding how to navigate the many emotions of firm ownership to crunching the numbers to make sure your finances are in order, you’ll leave this session with your future firmly in your hands. Are you ready to begin the journey from advisor to visionary?
Listen as Arlene shares her expert advice on:
- Planning to launch—from your vision statement to costs to timing
- Who to hire, when, and how to pay them
- How to navigate estate planning, tax prep, insurance, and more as a fee-only advisor
- The biggest challenges when transitioning from a B/D to an independent RIA—and biggest opportunities
- How to do AUM when you're fee-only
- Why launching in a location close to other fee-only planners can be beneficial
- And much more!
Mentioned in this recording:
- The What, How, and Why of Outsourcing: What Would Arlene Say?
- Building Your Firm's Culture Through Core Values
- Creating a Culture that Promotes Work/Life Balance in Your Firm
- XYPN's First-Year Budget Template
- The Ins and Outs of Hiring
- Developing a 90-Day Plan for New Hires
- How Financial Advisors Can Master Referrals: What Would Arlene Say?
- Ryan Insurance
- XY Tax Solutions
- XYPN Member Benefits Directory