Compliance for New Firm Owners
Did you know that advisors are, on average, 25% more stressed than other workers? So what's keeping advisors up at night? Survey says... compliance concerns. Many financial advisors, novice and seasoned alike, struggle to play the Chief Compliance Officer role. It's technical and tedious, and the consequences of mistakes can be steep. Learn how to tackle compliance like a pro and avoid costly mistakes with the help of two XYPN members, Heather Townsend and Bill Nelson in our next free webinar. This call is ideal for anyone considering launching a firm and joining XYPN.
Listen as Bill and Heather answer questions like:
- What was your experience with RIA compliance before you started your firm?
- What was it like to become registered?
- What’s a month like for your compliance program?
- What’s the best way to “reset” if you’ve haven't done a great job at compliance in your solo practice so far?
- What are the primary compliance essentials?
- Is there a standard best practice software package for cybersecurity?
Mentioned in this recording:
- Choosing a Niche for Your Financial Planning Firm
- Benefits of XYPN Membership
- Compliance 101: Your First Year as Chief Compliance Officer
- Adjusting Your Compliance Program for a TAMP
- XY Investment Solutions
- Top 5 Characteristics of an Effective Compliance Officer
- 5 Compliance Issues to Consider When Changing Your Fee Structure
- The Independent Financial Advisor's Essential Guide to Compliance
- Registration link to next month’s free webinar, Must Have Tech Solutions for Your Firm, with XYPN members Krista Cavalieri and Mark Wilson